Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM AUG does not fire

:

Doctor's Corner

Old June 11th, 2006, 00:17   #1
mitchie

TM AUG does not fire

I just installed a PDI 150% spring and Systema oiless metal bushings on an otherwise stock TM AUG. After charging up my battery, I have noticed that the gun cycles(in semi and full), but no BBs come out of the barrel.

I'm using a standard mag and I took apart the front end and I found a BB lodged at the start of the barrel and I had to dislodge it. It still didn't fire BBs after that.

Does anyone know what's going on and how I can fix it?

Thanks.
mitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 01:07   #2
mcguyver

Turn you gun upside down (magwell facing upwards) and look into the magwell with the mag removed. You'll see the feed nozzle and you should also see the nozzle inside engaged in the hop chamber. If you fire a few times in semi, you should see the nozzle move.

If it doesn't move, you have a broken tappet, or the tappet is not being engaged by the sector gear (that actually does happen). Either way, you'll have to open up the mechbox again.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 04:07   #3
ssp21

i had a simlar issue, but for me it was a busted piston. i am not an expert, just putting what little info i can add to try to help you resolve your problem
ssp21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 01:13   #4
mitchie

More stuff

I've tried looking at the tappet plate and the piston again and nothing seems to be wrong. One thing I am noticing though is that A LOT of air is passing through the BB Feeding tube when I fire the gun instead of going down the barrel like it should. As a result, BBs fire very slowly and sometimes dont fire at all.

I turned the hop-up all the way down and I cleaned out the barrel.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
Old June 13th, 2006, 01:29   #5
JohnnyDo

Send a message via MSN to JohnnyDo
I woudl almost suspect the hopup rubber is torn or otherwise damaged. If you are saying there is more air comming out of the feed tube in the mag well then the end of the barrel then there is something in yoru barrel assembly that is blocking air.

Take the barrel out of yoru gun and look down it to see any obstructions. If there is no obstructions, you could try to check that the tappet plate is locked onto the air nozzel correctly. if it's not then the nozzel might not be going inside the hopup all the way and thus not making a good air seal to fire off the bb's.
JohnnyDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 01:34   #6
Ghillie973

Send a message via MSN to Ghillie973 Send a message via Yahoo to Ghillie973
The same thing happened to my M4. It turned out that the hop-up sleeve had shrunk and wouldn't let any BBs in the chamber.
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:27   #7
JohnnyDo

Send a message via MSN to JohnnyDo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghillie973
The same thing happened to my M4. It turned out that the hop-up sleeve had shrunk and wouldn't let any BBs in the chamber.
same thing can happen is it swells from too much silicon oil being applied to the hopup. I fixed an M4 a fw weeks back with this problem, the hopup was HUDGE !!!
JohnnyDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2006, 13:58   #8
mitchie

Thanks

Hey everyone.

Thanks for the replies.

I ordered a new Guarder Hop-Up bucking and packing but there's still a problem with some air coming out of the feed tube when I fire the airgun. But the air coming out is only a bit compared to how much was coming out before.

And as a result, I find that my velocities are REALLY LOW considering that I installed a PDI 150% spring just a few weeks ago.

I'm noticing that when I pull the barrel assemby out of the gun with the hop up turned all the way down, BBs cannot roll out freely. Should BBs be able to roll out of the barrel freely when the hop-up is turned down? The BBs usually get stuck in the area where the barrel comes in contact with the hop-up assembly.

Got any ideas?

Thanks again for the great replies. I really appreciate it.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner