Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KJW M1911 vs TM M1911

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old March 14th, 2011, 23:23   #1
flopperdopper

KJW M1911 vs TM M1911

Hey guys, first off I'm not from Canada but after lurking for a bit now I've found this website to be very informative

What I would like to know is if the price difference between these two pistols is worth it. Seeing as how KJW M1911s are totally TM compatible (. . .right?), if something broke it would most likely be cheaper to fix than buying the TM.

I would be using this 100% stock (unless of course it breaks) in a CQB arena at engagement distances of up to 75 feet but mostly in the >35 feet range.

So really the only question I have is: is the TM worth the extra $$ or would the KJW easily fare in my previously stated criteria (max engagement distance of 75 feet in a 60~ degrees F room)

Also, what parts on a gas gun break first/most often, even with basic maintenance?
flopperdopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 23:27   #2
DEATH2000

Honestly, get the TM one. I have a TM one and i love it. I have had it for 4 years and i have never had a problem with it. I use mine indoors at our local CQB field with no issues. Their is also a very informative and helpful thread on the TM M1911 by IllusionKinetics.

The thing ive noticed about KJW guns is they have issue's with the mags not holding enough gas. Ive seen more parts available for a TM 1911 then i have a KJW.
Old March 15th, 2011, 00:33   #3
Kid

Go with the KJ if you're not going to do any upgrades. It's cheaper, it's already metal, and it's TM compatible. If you break it, you can fix it with parts made for the TM.

Plus you can use CO2 mags in it, which is fun.

*note: I highly recommend CO2 mags, as the single stack mags do not hold enough gas.

Last edited by Kid; March 15th, 2011 at 00:37..
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 00:43   #4
flopperdopper

Thanks guys for the timely replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATH2000 View Post
Honestly, get the TM one. I have a TM one and i love it. I have had it for 4 years and i have never had a problem with it. I use mine indoors at our local CQB field with no issues. Their is also a very informative and helpful thread on the TM M1911 by IllusionKinetics.

The thing ive noticed about KJW guns is they have issue's with the mags not holding enough gas. Ive seen more parts available for a TM 1911 then i have a KJW.
I'm not too worried about the mags, as long as the hold close to enough gas for the 26~ shots, I'll be happy. I don't exactly have high expectations . And aren't KJWs completely compatible, meaning the parts available for the TM will work for the KJW as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
Go with the KJ if you're not going to do any upgrades. It's cheaper, it's already metal, and it's TM compatible. If you break it, you can fix it with parts made for the TM.

Plus you can use CO2 mags in it, which is fun.

*note: I highly recommend CO2 mags, as the single stack mags suck for efficiency.
The M1911 I'm gunning for is: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=3789. It looks as if it has a hi-capa mag but it's an M1911. I'm not entirely sure, lol. Either way, I'll be using the propane mag only.
Old March 15th, 2011, 00:46   #5
Kid

It probably won't get close to the full 26 shots, unless it's a hot day and you space out your shots.

Without letting my mag warm up after filling it and just shooting, I could get about seven shots per mag full of gas.

That's why I got CO2 mags, which provide about 70 shots worth of gas. It's also a lot louder and it has a faster recoil.
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 00:54   #6
flopperdopper

Quote:
It probably won't get close to the full 26 shots, unless it's a hot day and you space out your shots.

Without letting my mag warm up after filling it and just shooting, I could get about seven shots per mag full of gas.

That's why I got CO2 mags, which provide about 70 shots worth of gas. It's also a lot louder and it has a faster recoil.
I would go for the CO2, but doesn't CO2 degrade GBBs faster than green gas? And I'm not too worried about the propane mag. There's a lot of downtime between each game at my field, I'll just throw the mag in my pocket, hehe.
Old March 15th, 2011, 10:47   #7
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by flopperdopper View Post
The M1911 I'm gunning for is: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=3789. It looks as if it has a hi-capa mag but it's an M1911. I'm not entirely sure, lol. Either way, I'll be using the propane mag only.
That's a Para P14 style 1911capa (what I call it). It uses a 1911 slide and frame, but the magwell is enlarged to use Hicapa mags.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services

Last edited by Styrak; March 15th, 2011 at 11:12..
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 11:11   #8
D-BOMB

I've had 2 TM 1911's now and they are fantastic guns.

That being said I will never buy a KJ again, the TM is just so much nicer fit and finish wise and skirm wise.
D-BOMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 11:26   #9
SuperCriollo

What about the KSC/ KWA 1911. They srem to be pretty good from whay Ive read.

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 17:22   #10
Korunos
a.k.a. Asteroth33

Tried my KJW 1911 today in my garage since it was a decent day temperature wise. Filling the mag for 6 seconds, I managed to get 22 shots fired before I ran out of gas. I'm guessing on the last shot the slide did not go all the way back because it failed to lock back.

No big deal atm, this is my 1st pistol...so I'll just load 15-20 bbs so I know I have enough.
Korunos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 17:31   #11
Pinard
formerly Contractor 6-8, CptPinard17eRAM

well anyway if you are as hardcore as me...you will realcap it so you will have enough propane to shoot your 7 rounds
Old March 15th, 2011, 21:30   #12
flopperdopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
That's a Para P14 style 1911capa (what I call it). It uses a 1911 slide and frame, but the magwell is enlarged to use Hicapa mags.
Oh I see, yeh it didn't seem like it fit into either category, however does having a hybrid M1911 like this make parts harder to replace with TM compat parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-BOMB View Post
I've had 2 TM 1911's now and they are fantastic guns.

That being said I will never buy a KJ again, the TM is just so much nicer fit and finish wise and skirm wise.
I'm not much of an externals guy haha, but how is it better skirm wise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCriollo View Post
I considered them, but at that price point i could bump up a little more for a TM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korunos View Post
Tried my KJW 1911 today in my garage since it was a decent day temperature wise. Filling the mag for 6 seconds, I managed to get 22 shots fired before I ran out of gas. I'm guessing on the last shot the slide did not go all the way back because it failed to lock back.

No big deal atm, this is my 1st pistol...so I'll just load 15-20 bbs so I know I have enough.
Yeh, I'm not too worried about being able to fire the whole mag. I figured if it fires at least a single stack amount, than I have nothing to complain about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinard View Post
well anyway if you are as hardcore as me...you will realcap it so you will have enough propane to shoot your 7 rounds
Lol, I wish I was this hardcore. The least I'm willing to go would be 14

Anyway, thanks for everybody's help so far. Still pretty indecisive, would like more opinions
Old March 15th, 2011, 21:36   #13
Snakebite1967

I own 2 Kjw 1911 hicaps with propane and co2 mags ive yet to have a problem with them great pistols for the money
Snakebite1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 21:46   #14
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCriollo View Post
KWA System7 is great, but... if you can get a TM do it.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 18:24   #15
SteelToe
AKA ExtraExtra

Quote:

Would the co2 not be too hard on the pistol? Would this also not prematurely break or wear out the pistol?

I am picking up a full metal kjw 1911 this week.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion