:

Accessories Discussion

Old October 20th, 2009, 00:21   #46
Short Round
Najohn

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
By experience, hicaps are crap... They work when brand new. First time you drop them or forget them wound, they jam like crap. Then you have to slam the top of the mag (into the rifle) to move the BBs and unjam.

I had a P90 recently, and lowcaps are the best. It was my second P90...

The boxmag thing is also painfull. It makes it akward to hold the rifle, cause it to be a lot more front-heavy, looks like shit and you have to wind the M4 mag now and then.

I used to have 6 mags with my first and 8 mags with my second.

But 5 is a good number if you use semi or 3 rnd. I almost never fire full auo...

You can use AK tripple mag pouches (one pouch hold 3 mags) The ones with a rounded top. These fit 2 P90 mags perfectly, and are avalable in MOLLE system. Drop-legs are not that efficient, since the extra weight and mass on your legs will hinder you when running. And you run the extra risk of putting dirt and shits in your mags.

If you can sew a little, you can make yourself a nice sling for under 10$. Get some 1" straps (I used some from an old backpack), one 1" clip and one "adjustment loop" Then make a cross with the straps, and stitch them.

Slide the female part of the clip onto one part.

Fold that "arm" over the loop of the clip and stitch it over the crossing. You should have a "T" with the clip on top.

Place on the side of the P90. Wrap the arm opposed to the clip into the thumb hold and on the other side of the rifle. Then wrap both remaining straps to take measure. Make a loop from the first strap to go over and under the two others. Stitch in place (stitch on itself so that there is a hole to slide the other ones in). Cut the excess.

Then slide the adjustment loop over the top strap (the one that goes over the top of the rifle). You want to place it just above the edge in the middle.

Loop the strap and stitch in place to hold the adjustment loop there. Cut the excess.

Then all you have to do is place the remaining strap in the sling hole at the bottom, and insert it into the adjustment loop.

The rifle part is done.

Use a left over of strap, place the male clip in and fold it on itself. You want about 1 1/2" long on both sides of the clip. Take a piece of paracord. 4" is enought.

Fold it and make a flat knot between both ends. Place the knot between the strap parts. Stitch everything together.

Done!

I used an old laptop bag sling. Clip both hooks in the paracord loop. Place the sling over your non shooting shoulder and under your shooting arm. When you drop the rifle, it will go under your arm and out of the way. The sling is not in the way when shooting and does not obstruct movement when sighting.
thats actually very helpful, saves me money, THANKS
Old October 20th, 2009, 04:48   #47
Dart

quick note about lowcaps. remember you can not import anything with fake bullets. also i find my tm low cap jams alot compared to my star mags.... i seem to have backwards experiences aparently.
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2009, 12:51   #48
Short Round
Najohn

I should keep in mind that I am still new to this so I probably won't be going rambo on anyone anytime soon
Old October 20th, 2009, 13:15   #49
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

God I regret selling my TM P90. And TM Mags would be the best bet for quality.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion