Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft pistols in school

:

General

Old April 2nd, 2013, 18:29   #1
Baroc

Airsoft pistols in school

Another perfectly good reason why the age verification system on here is a MUST.

3 students arrested and 2 pistols confiscated in a high-school in Coaticook, QC

Glad no one was hurt.

*In French*
http://tvanouvelles.ca/lcn/infos/reg...02-162055.html
Baroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 19:10   #2
Freeze

Stupidity is everywhere. Just so happens that this one involves airsoft.

The age verification system is good, but it doesn't solve the problem of underage people getting their hands on guns. For instance, me. I currently own 4 (I think) and am not a verified user on these forums. Apart from retailers on this site, there are others, and even though they only sell to 18+, this only means the underage peoples' (possibly ignorant) parents. For instance, I purchased a pistol through my parents from a retailer. Will the retailer know that? No. Who will? No one, except for those involved and those that I have told.

TM G17 Loki Tactical Pink - TM G19 TTI Combat Master
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 19:34   #3
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze View Post
Stupidity is everywhere. Just so happens that this one involves airsoft.

The age verification system is good, but it doesn't solve the problem of underage people getting their hands on guns. For instance, me. I currently own 4 (I think) and am not a verified user on these forums. Apart from retailers on this site, there are others, and even though they only sell to 18+, this only means the underage peoples' (possibly ignorant) parents. For instance, I purchased a pistol through my parents from a retailer. Will the retailer know that? No. Who will? No one, except for those involved and those that I have told.
Great you scammed the system and came out ahead. Stop bragging about it.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 19:57   #4
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

There is a special place in hell for retailers who knowingly sell a rifle or pistol to a parent with the child standing right beside them, along with people who talk at movies....
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 20:59   #5
Pinard
formerly Contractor 6-8, CptPinard17eRAM

What I see is a pellet gun.. not airsoft.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 21:04   #6
Aper
E-30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinard View Post
What I see is a pellet gun.. not airsoft.
The Media will never make the difference between a Pellet gun, Airsoft gun or Cordless Nintendo gun.

West Coast EOD Supporter. // Bang One, Bang Em All ! // In war, it's not who's right, but who's left.
Aper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 21:34   #7
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
A retailer that sells an ASG to a parent. The parent then releases the ASG to their child. The parent is liable for the child's actions. If you have Canadian law that shows differently please link.
This Airsoft forum frowns on minors having uncontrolled access to ASG's and I support that position. But let's be clear on where the Law starts and where the board rules stop.
Cheers
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 21:48   #8
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Agreed.
And regardless of laws parents will give into the pestering of their kids sometimes and the sad fact is that alot of kids are bad and their parents are scared of them and will do whatever the kid askes and the worst of if is those are the same kids who are bullies and steal from the corner store and who knows what else so its only a matter of time befor they do something retarded like rob a schoolmate or a store with a gun airsoft or otherwise.
Hell in my neighborhood where i grew up if you had 5-600 bucks you could just grab a real gun off the street and alot of kids did least most of em didnt wind up killin someone.
I guess its better they have toys then real steel but still the parents or whomever sold to them or got for them the "gun" are ultimately liable for their actions.
But to those with the "where wer the parents" attitude they should know that alot of the times they are out getting wasted or smokin crack or something (again thats how it was where i grew up alot of parents round there only kept their kids around for a bigger welfare cheque)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 22:00   #9
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee View Post
There is a special place in hell for retailers who knowingly sell a rifle or pistol to a parent with the child standing right beside them, along with people who talk at movies....
And people who fuck with or steal bikes (or sit on them and drop it, bending the shifter or potentially damaging something). (Don't ever sit on another mans bike, asshole. Wish I could find that Sons of Anarchy clip...).
Old April 2nd, 2013, 22:04   #10
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
Agreed.
....But to those with the "where wer the parents" attitude they should know that alot of the times they are out getting wasted or smokin crack or something (again thats how it was where i grew up alot of parents round there only kept their kids around for a bigger welfare cheque)
Obviously my sheltered upbringing on a military base surrounded by stable nuclear families and friends has ill-prepared me for this thread, I will therefore commit commenting hari kari and bow out now.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 22:19   #11
Pinard
formerly Contractor 6-8, CptPinard17eRAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aper View Post
The Media will never make the difference between a Pellet gun, Airsoft gun or Cordless Nintendo gun.
yes... but looking at the title HERE on ASC where we SHOULD make a difference between pellet pistol and ASG... it should not be written that.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 22:25   #12
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee View Post
Obviously my sheltered upbringing on a military base surrounded by stable nuclear families and friends has ill-prepared me for this thread, I will therefore commit commenting hari kari and bow out now.
Well im sure being raised by a military mom or dad you likely learned respect of others and respect of firearms.
Where as in the ghetto kids are tought how to "fuck a n***** up" if they look at you the wrong way or sling dope on your block and how a pistol can make you money quick.
Lotta folks dont realise the gaps in society they hear "gansta rap" and dont get that those kids are rapping about what they see and live in their day to day lives.
and my area was relatively tame compared to say regent park or thd jungle (jane and finch) and there are alot of areas like that around the gta.
Lost ot of friends to pointless violence over "turff".
Society doesnt help much everyone who is "bad" gets busted goes to jail and learns how to be worse and gets put right back on the street with no opertunities and go right back to doin the same shit that got them locked up to begin with. Its a visious circle. Finally the government has started to realize they can reduce this by not sticking all the poor people in one neighborhood thats why they tore down regent park and spread them around more to "reduce crime" but they dont really reduce it they just spread it around so yes the crime goes down in regent but goes up in the areas they move the people too so really they are "equalizing crime" by soreading it around.
End rant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 22:41   #13
K3vX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
Well im sure being raised by a military mom or dad you likely learned respect of others and respect of firearms.
Where as in the ghetto kids are tought how to "fuck a n***** up" if they look at you the wrong way or sling dope on your block and how a pistol can make you money quick.
Lotta folks dont realise the gaps in society they hear "gansta rap" and dont get that those kids are rapping about what they see and live in their day to day lives.
and my area was relatively tame compared to say regent park or thd jungle (jane and finch) and there are alot of areas like that around the gta.
Lost ot of friends to pointless violence over "turff".
Society doesnt help much everyone who is "bad" gets busted goes to jail and learns how to be worse and gets put right back on the street with no opertunities and go right back to doin the same shit that got them locked up to begin with. Its a visious circle. Finally the government has started to realize they can reduce this by not sticking all the poor people in one neighborhood thats why they tore down regent park and spread them around more to "reduce crime" but they dont really reduce it they just spread it around so yes the crime goes down in regent but goes up in the areas they move the people too so really they are "equalizing crime" by soreading it around.
End rant.
This was honestly an interesting read. Thanks for sharing

Now for the actual thread, I just saw the news on TV, and they were talking about "Pistolet Ã* air comprimé" (Compressed air pistol, or Steel BB Pistol).
They also make everything look far worse than three kids messing with "cool" guns. They should teach people about them, not scare people about them...
K3vX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 22:42   #14
MaciekA

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
And people who fuck with or steal bikes (or sit on them and drop it, bending the shifter or potentially damaging something). (Don't ever sit on another mans bike, asshole. Wish I could find that Sons of Anarchy clip...).
If there was a special type of we-love-the-same-TV-show internet fist-bump, now would be the time I'd use it. Awesome show

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2013, 23:11   #15
EchoFourTwelve
Enjoy's Tight Groupings from behind in his Tight Pants

Send a message via Skype™ to EchoFourTwelve
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaciekA View Post
If there was a special type of we-love-the-same-TV-show internet fist-bump, now would be the time I'd use it. Awesome show
I second this.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General